Problem Phase converter

Thread: Phase converter

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Phase converter

I tried to post this a little bit ago but I don't know where it went. I got a fatal vmc20 in 2009 it was a running machine. It has not been since I got it to where it is now. Iam now semi retired and would like to try and get it up and running again. I got a 15 hp cnc phase converter and run the wire to it. I just want to bu sure where to put the wild leg before I go any farther. Can anyone help me out.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Phase converter

Look at the largest control transformer inside the cabinet of the Fadal. Two wires will be coming out of it on the primary side. Follow those wires up to the main disconnect. Make sure only your single phase lines connect there. Do not connect the "wild leg" as you call it to any transformers.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I will give it a try this week

Downloads
    Uploads

I looked at the lines coming in off the disconnect all three go to a long block where you set voltages. I'm not sure what l am looking for.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry... my instructions were generic. I've never seen inside a Fadal, but what I spoke of I've seen in every other machine I've ever looked in.

Either take a picture or two of what you're looking at or if you have the electrical manual, look towards the front for the page that shows the main power coming in and take a picture of that. Should be able to help you with those.

On the other hand... is that connection block on or very near a transformer? You're only interested in the area or side that has voltages 200 or over. I can't imagine that more then two wires from the disconnect are making a connection to the transformer itself. They might all make it to that block you speak of, but I bet if you look close one wire goes to a different area then the other two.

Downloads
    Uploads

Any luck on that connection yet?