CNC Router Frame Parts/Full Machine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNC Router Frame Parts/Full Machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Router Frame Parts/Full Machine

I've been working with a guy who's been developing a CNC router for awhile now, and thought I would gauge some interest here.

Here are models, and some pictures of the build process below. He's been thinking about selling the full machine as well just a barebones frame for someone to add electronics to. He has also been working on a 4th axis that will easily mount on the end and plug right into a G540.

The full machine comes with the following:

-Gecko G540
    -HIWIN linear rails
    -Rockford ballscrews
    -Travel 24"x36"x6"
    -387ozin motors
    -Bosch 2.25hp router
    -All steel and aluminum
    -Ready for a PC running Mach 3 to plug in and go!

We've decided on a $4000 price tag (plus shipping). Like I said, I'm gauging interest, to determine what kind of inventory he should have, as I will be handling some sales tasks for him. His company is Blurry Customs.

My name is Martin Vanbroe, and if you are interested I will take comments and preorders if you are super interested. So let me know.

blurrycustoms@gmail.com

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any comments are appreciated as well!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Pricing updates

Here is the finalized pricing structure for this machine:

Standard package - $4,995
    Complete package minus PC

PC Package - $5,695
    Includes PC and Mach 3 software

Barebones package - $3,995
    Complete mechanical package minus electronics (no router, control box, drives, or motors)

Downloads
    Uploads

And here is a short video of the machine running a quick test cut:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You have a great looking machine, a very clean design. If I didn't already have a router I would absolutely consider yours. One piece of advice though... You really need to have some better photos taken. Use a backdrop to hide all of the stuff in the background and make sure they are all in focus. Redo your video with a backdrop as well, and consider running your logo backwards and on a nicer looking piece of material - it doesn't have to be huge, but should be something other than particle board. Even MDF would look better.

You have a very professional looking piece of equipment with very unprofessional marketing materials.

You didn't ask for my opinion, and I hope you take it in the spirit it was given.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LaserImage View Post
    You have a great looking machine, a very clean design. If I didn't already have a router I would absolutely consider yours. One piece of advice though... You really need to have some better photos taken. Use a backdrop to hide all of the stuff in the background and make sure they are all in focus. Redo your video with a backdrop as well, and consider running your logo backwards and on a nicer looking piece of material - it doesn't have to be huge, but should be something other than particle board. Even MDF would look better.

You have a very professional looking piece of equipment with very unprofessional marketing materials.

You didn't ask for my opinion, and I hope you take it in the spirit it was given.

Gary
    Gary,

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

We are in fact working hard on getting all of our marketing materials together, and all of your suggestions are actually in the works. I have to admit, that I have been slightly unprepared for the demand for this machine, especially locally. So your suggestions are absolutely at the top of my list, right after fulfilling orders.

Thank you for your comments.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default NEW 4th Axis Package

We are now offering a 4th axis package with this machine to completely take advantage of the Gecko G540. Comes with 5C collet chuck and MT2 tailstock for all of your centering tools.

-300RPM (Geared 3 to 1)
    -0.06 DEG Resolution
    -5C Collet system and Morse Taper #2 (MT2) tailstock
    -4.00" Diameter x 36.00" Cylindrical Work Envelope
    -Leaves 18"x36" of regular work envelope when mounted.
    -Simple 2-minute removal (8 bolts)

Price for machine with 4th axis package: $5,995.00 ($6,695.00 w/PC)

Downloads
    Uploads

Website, pictures, videos are in the works. We'll have more for you guys soon.

http://www.blurrycustoms.com/

http://www.blurrycustoms.com/shop.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Some constructive criticism on your website, I know you are working on it so don't take it too hard:

1) Other than the ordering page, I don't see a single picture of your product. Surely you don't sell fighter jets and admittedly your machine is not of the caliber to manufacture military aircraft parts, so why the picture of the jet? Put a picture of your machine on there.

2) The wavy lines of the background are really annoying when trying to read the text. The website is pretty nice and fancy but it seems a bit overkill for what you are doing. Also you have the sick website and then a crappy html page for the ordering stuff. If you can make a website like that with flash and all, you should be able to setup an e-commerce deal nicer than a paypal store. Maybe you are working on this, IDK.

3) While the renderings are really nice (what software are you using BTW), I like to see something in the flesh before I put my money on it. I want to see the machine, not the cad model.

4) You should establish cutting/jog rates and list them on your website. A lot of people like fast so market what you can do.

Cheers
    Matt

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by keebler303 View Post
    Some constructive criticism on your website, I know you are working on it so don't take it too hard:

1) Other than the ordering page, I don't see a single picture of your product. Surely you don't sell fighter jets and admittedly your machine is not of the caliber to manufacture military aircraft parts, so why the picture of the jet? Put a picture of your machine on there.

2) The wavy lines of the background are really annoying when trying to read the text. The website is pretty nice and fancy but it seems a bit overkill for what you are doing. Also you have the sick website and then a crappy html page for the ordering stuff. If you can make a website like that with flash and all, you should be able to setup an e-commerce deal nicer than a paypal store. Maybe you are working on this, IDK.

3) While the renderings are really nice (what software are you using BTW), I like to see something in the flesh before I put my money on it. I want to see the machine, not the cad model.

4) You should establish cutting/jog rates and list them on your website. A lot of people like fast so market what you can do.

Cheers
    Matt
    Thank you for the comments. Everything that's up on the website is temporary, until we get the new one finished, but we had to put something up to alleviate the amount of emails we have been getting. So yes, a complete overhaul is in order. Basically the site is just remnants of an old site we had, but hopefully it will hold for now.

But yes we are working on a pretty cool e-commerce site and all of the fixings that go along with that. Pictures, video, etc. are in the works. I guess the main point here is that our marketing is behind! We're working on it.

Thanks again for the comments. BTW cutting rates are at 150ipm and rapids are 250+.

Downloads
    Uploads

24"x36"x6" Work Envelope
    3.0 HP Colombo Spindle (Hitachi VFD)
    HIWIN Linear Rails
    Gecko G540 Drive
    2.8 GHz PC with XP Pro
    Mach 3 with License
    15" LCD
    Rockford Ballscrews

all for $7,495 <--- CNC Zone Special!

Downloads
    Uploads

It looks great. I would only make one suggestion to the machine itself. I would add another table brace on each side of center. My machine is nearly the same size. I do most of my cutting in the first 20" of table. I had to put braces every 8" to keep the table and spoil board stiff enough not to give when cutting. If you only ever take light cuts, it may not matter, but you have a strong machine and that is the only weak spot I see.
    Good luck with this. I know these are much nicer than you typically find on Ebay.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    It looks great. I would only make one suggestion to the machine itself. I would add another table brace on each side of center. My machine is nearly the same size. I do most of my cutting in the first 20" of table. I had to put braces every 8" to keep the table and spoil board stiff enough not to give when cutting. If you only ever take light cuts, it may not matter, but you have a strong machine and that is the only weak spot I see.
    Good luck with this. I know these are much nicer than you typically find on Ebay.
    We have yet to have any issues with a sagging spoil board. But I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

How thick is your spoil board BTW?

Downloads
    Uploads

Spoil board is 3/4" ply.
    It is screwed to the table which is 1/2" starboard plastic.
    I generally cut 3/16" lexan in two passes.

I have pretty high humidity here. I initially tried MDF but it didn't last long.

Braces can also be installed after the fact by the user. Another solution is to double the table/spoil board, but then that takes some Z away.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Spoil board is 3/4" ply.
    It is screwed to the table which is 1/2" starboard plastic.
    I generally cut 3/16" lexan in two passes.

I have pretty high humidity here. I initially tried MDF but it didn't last long.

Braces can also be installed after the fact by the user. Another solution is to double the table/spoil board, but then that takes some Z away.
    Interesting. We have been considering an HDPE table top for some time. May have to offer it as standard.

We'll definitely keep a look out for any sagging tables though!

Downloads
    Uploads

Very Nice! I hope you prosper in this venture.

What size power supply are you using with the G540?

Best wishes!

CR.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Crevice Reamer View Post
    Very Nice! I hope you prosper in this venture.

What size power supply are you using with the G540?

Best wishes!

CR.
    We're using the 48v 12.5amp supply from Keling.

Thanks for the compliment!

Downloads
    Uploads

Couple of pics for the Colombo Head Assembly with cable carriers.

Premium 3 axis package includes Colombo Spindle all for $7,495.00 (valid until March 15, 2009) Limited availability.

HD video coming in the next few weeks. Finally getting some of the marketing tasks taken care of.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by blurrycustoms View Post
    We're using the 48v 12.5amp supply from Keling.
    That's an EXCELLENT choice! Your electronics are top-notch! You could also probably use the 5010 and still have plenty of power for the 4th axis.

I assume that you are heat-sinking the G540? Gecko recommends this when maxing its amps.

http://cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74222

This is a very clean and well-thought-out design!

CR.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Crevice Reamer View Post
    That's an EXCELLENT choice! Your electronics are top-notch! You could also probably use the 5010 and still have plenty of power for the 4th axis.

I assume that you are heat-sinking the G540? Gecko recommends this when maxing its amps.

http://cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74222

This is a very clean and well-thought-out design!

CR.
    Yeah, I've spent days reading everything I could on the G540 while designing the control box. Though I hadn't seen the report on that experiment, what we did is put in a filtered 80mm fan blowing right across the back of the G540 and onto the relay for the spindle (w/ Bosch Router) and an exhaust fan on the other end. The entire enclosure stays very cool. I don't have any good pictures of the enclosure up yet, but I'll do my best do get some up in the coming weeks, along with the video.

Thanks for the comments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast