Mesa 5i20 + Boot Up Sequence

Thread: Mesa 5i20 + Boot Up Sequence

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mesa 5i20 + Boot Up Sequence

Its been a while since posting last. I have my system 95% finished. I have run into a few issues with regards to the boot up sequence of EMC and the 5i20 card.

One issue is, I have the router connected to a relay to turn on when I start a program. I have it connect and it works great. The only thing is when I have power to the system and I start the EMC2 program in Linux it sends a signal to turn on the relay for a split second until the boot up sequence is finished. Hopefully someone knows how to turn this off or suppress this.

The other problem i have been having is that sometimes when I turn on my computer the Input driver on my amplifier gets fried. This has happened a few time but not always. I am just wondering if there is a specific boot up sequence with is the preferred method for starting up a system. I.e Computer on, boot up EMC2, then power up all the amps, then turn power on to the router.

Anyhelp would be great
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

you will get better exposure to your question by posting this in the emc users mailing list...

John

Downloads
    Uploads

What hardware do you have connected to the 5i20 card? What kind of drives are you using? What does it take to turn on your system? This is a minimum of what we need to know before we can help you. My guess is that there is a problem in your electrical design somewhere that is causing these problems.

Are you running the machine and the PC off of the same power circuit?

It's best to have some sort of manual interlock for your machine so that the computer can be run without worrying about turning on the machine. And better yet, some sort of fail-safe that will disable the machine if you forget to disable it manually. I use a relay that keeps itself energized unless something de-energizes it -- like a watchdog that needs EMC running.